Finance re Spouse
- Be wary of payments in cash. Unless you have proof that you have paid you may be made to pay again.
- If there are children in the marriage and the Child Support Agency is not already involved, you should consider a Segal Order.
- The legal part of the financials are called ancillary relief or financial remedy.
- What the court can consider is listed under Section 25 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973
- Rules on how to proceed: August 2014
- Notice of (intention to proceed with) an application for a financial order form A
- The main financial disclosure form is form E
- Where finances can be agreed (by consent) you can use the much shorter D81
Time Limit on Ancillary Relief
You are advised to get an order for AR (Ancillary Relief) following divorce. If you do not then you leave yourself open to a claim from your ex-spouse in decades to come.