- This is a stub **
- Parents with Parental Responsibility can make decisions about a child's Education. How much can depend on if the child's attends a State School or an Independent School.
- Accessing your child's Educational Records
- The UK Government ParentsCentre (link broken) provides information and support for parents on how to help with your child's learning, including advice on choosing a school and finding childcare.
- Here is a letter received from the DFES in July 2006 that explains access to education reports in private schools and nurseries.
- Engaging fathers, DfES: 
- Clarification correspondence with DFES November 2004 (link broken)
- "Every Parent Matters" - sets out the vital role of parents in improving their child’s life chances and educational attainment
- DFES comments on parental responsibility this includes: all natural (biological) parents (link broken)
- Pupil and Parent Matters is a publication by The Association for All School Leaders. See in particular pages: 3-8, 47.
- http://guysread.com/ may help getting boys to read