Edit your first page
How to Edit your first page
- Start by adding something to an existing page, don't create a new one
- Keep this page open in a different web browser window or page - for reference
- Login (top right of the page) using your account name and password
- Find the page that you want to edit
- Click on the edit tab at the top of the page (between discussion and history)
- You will see the page's source in a window; make some changes
- At the bottom of the page find the Summary: box, describe what you have changed
- Click Show preview to see if what you have done looks OK. If not, change it and click on Show preview again.
- Once you are happy click on Save page
Congratulations - you have made your first changes to Family Law Wiki.
Initial formatting codes
|Effect wanted||Example code||Example result|
|Link to another wiki page||[[Edit your first page]]|
|Link to another web site||[http://news.bbc.co.uk/ BBC News]||BBC News|
|Font effects||''italics'', '''bold''', and '''''both'''''||italics, bold, and both|
|Heading levels||==Heading 2==
* Bullet point
# Numbered point
Once you have done that a few times look at the Wikimedia Cheatsheet for extra things that you can do.